Meet the team
Louise is the founder of FMK. She received her early floristry training from Judith Blacklock in London (editor of the BFA magazine and author of over twenty best selling floristry books) and most recently with Philippa Craddock (world-renowned expert in sustainable floral design; florist to Prince Harry & Meghan Markle). Louise’s technical skill, obsession with ‘the details’, and passion for making weddings more sustainable, can be seen in everything she does at FMK.
- I’m a missus, mother and nature-lover who loves the simple life.
- Before training to become a Florist, I was a Human Resources Consultant; a career that saw me living and working in many iconic places including London and Sydney (and a couple of years in the Canadian Rockies region!).
- When I was little, I dreamed of being an Art Teacher or an Air Hostess (or so says my diary from 1999!).
- I’m an INFJ (the world’s rarest personality type), a Scorpio and Wednesday’s child.
- My biggest ‘floristing-fail’ was breaking my wrist on a snowboarding trip .. 10 days before a wedding!
- Minimalism makes me happy – I’d rather have a few nice things than many mediocre things.
- Being a Mum is my favourite job; being a Wedding Florist is a really close second.
Keri is Principal Florist at FMK. Formally qualified with a Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Floristry, Keri’s real floristry training started after she created the flowers for her sister-in-law’s wedding (serendipitously meeting Louise in the process) and it was from there she decided to hone her technical skills in floristry by working freelance on weddings across Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. Keri went on to join FMK in a more central role in 2023. A previous corporate career as field visual merchandiser for Europe for one of the most recognisable names in British fashion, Topshop and Topman, has provided Keri with sound foundations for a career in floral design. Creating experiences to delight the senses are what she knows and does best.
- I spent my honeymoon travelling around South America for 3 months visiting the Galápagos and trekking to Machu Picchu (Lou likes to refer to me as the ‘intrepid adventurer’).
- When I managed visual merchandising for Topshop and Topman, my store won ‘Store of the Year’ and I got an all-expenses-paid trip to New York.
- Spring is my favourite season – I just love how it brings new life in the garden, no matter the weather. My girls were born in the springtime as well, so the season brings all the feels for me.
- Composting and recycling are huge in my home (my husband thinks I have a bin obsession and maybe I do).
- Being an Aquarius, I’m happiest in water and I love a dip in Lough Erne in any weather.
- When I’m not flowering up weddings, I practise reflexology and I also teach baby massage.
- Chilli Heeler is my hero.
THANK YOU SOO MUCH for all your hard work on our wedding flowers they were amazing and you were so helpful and encouraging with my ideas as random as they were! You helped make the wedding planning less scary and helped build a beautiful colour scheme that really helped bring some colour to the white. The number of people that continuously tell me, even now, just how beautiful they were is amazing and honestly I’m thrilled I got to work with you. The photos are amazing but the smell in the chapel and in our house for ages after was my favourite part. Thank you again and honestly I cannot recommend you enough to my friends and family!!
Louise's work is second to none. She puts in so much love from start to finish. From helping to plan what it is you want, to bringing it into reality in the best and and most efficient way, she is truly the best around. Nothing is too much effort. She will dedicate herself to your vision. She created my wedding bouquets which I adored, a wonderful floral arch which was amazing and a floral cloud which she put so much time and care into and which truly out unbelievable. She also created lovely centrepieces which brought the whole reception area to life. I can't recommend and thank Louise enough.
I don't even know how to begin to talk about how amazing Louise is! Organising the floral aspect of the wedding looking back was my favourite part, and I owe it all to Louise. When you talk to Louise about your wedding vision she really listens, she was understanding and also relatable. She talks you through the various aspects you want, and also makes it realistic in terms of what you have budgeted for your flowers. When we got married back in June 2021, Louise herself was getting married the same week. Ever the professional she was completely unfazed at the prospect of creating our wedding flowers days before her own big day, and they were perfect!! My mum cried when Louise walked in with the bouquets, and everyone commented on how the flowers at the wedding really mirrored my personality. I will be forever thankful to Louise, you really did add the colour and magic to our big day, you are wonderful at what you do!
Louise, I can't even tell you how much people adored my flowers!!! I never thought they would play such a vital part of our day!! You finished my look and for that I am forever grateful!!! They are stunning!!! They were the most complimented piece of the day!! Thank you so much!! A true artist at work!
What can I say...Louise is a true floral artist. She did the flowers for our wedding in October 2020. I stumbled upon her website and thought her work looked fabulous. Luckily she was available. During a time of stress with restrictions and lockdowns she was always reassuring and calm. I had ideas of what flowers I would like for the wedding but Louise's creations exceeded my expectations. They were amazing, I actually was moved to tears when I seen them. I would most certainly recommend FMK- the Flowersmith. Thank you Louise x
Louise pulled out all the stops when doing our wedding flowers. I had no clue what I wanted as I'm not into flowers, all I knew were the colours. We were initially supposed to get married in April 2020 but due to Covid it was cancelled, and Louise kindly obliged and took on our new date in December 2020, no problem. We spoke on the phone on different occasions about what I wanted, needed and how much I wanted to spend. She gave me loads of ideas and was happy to take on what I suggested and gave me lots of time to make my final decision. I was looking forward to seeing my flowers the morning of the wedding and needless to say they were just what I wanted and described to Louise. I loved them. I would highly recommend Louise as a Wedding Florist as she is very professional, approachable and affordable for the big day.
You are a talent girl! Absolutely incredible work; so many compliments on the flowers. You made flowers the easiest and one of the most enjoyable parts of our wedding prep. Total expert, full of quirky and creative ideas. Thank you so much Louise. Just perfect!
Thanks so much for the flowers. It was all lovely. Didn't get chatting to you much that morning but all was fab. Thank you!
Thank you so much for everything! Everything was perfect x
Thank you so much for our beautiful wedding flowers and for helping make our wedding day so special.