Louise is the founder and Florist at FMK. She received her early training from Judith Blacklock in London (editor of the BFA magazine and author of over twenty best selling floristry books) and is currently undergoing instruction with Philippa Craddock (world-renowned expert in sustainable floral design; florist to Prince Harry & Meghan Markle). Louise combines technical skill with her love of colour and the countryside to create nature-inspired flowers for weddings in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Hi, I’m Louise but you might as well just call me ‘Lou’ from the off!
I’m a missus, mother and nature-lover who lives a pretty simple life here in mid-Fermanagh with my two main men, Ruairi (husband/heavy-lifter/all-round-handsome-man) and Cillian (Tractor Ted-loving toddler/mini-tornado). I create beautiful florals for weddings near and far, from my little workshop out the back of our house – something I could only have dreamt of just a few short years ago.
A few random facts about me:
- Before training to become a Florist, I was a Human Resources Consultant; a career that saw me living and working in many iconic places including London and Sydney (and a couple of years in the Canadian Rockies region!)
- When I was little, I dreamed of being an Art Teacher or an Air Hostess (or so says my diary from 1999!)
- I’m an INFJ (the world’s rarest personality type), a Scorpio and Wednesday’s child
- My biggest ‘floristing-fail’ was breaking my wrist on a snowboarding trip .. 10 days before a wedding!
- Minimalism makes me happy – I’d rather have a few nice things than many mediocre things
- Japanese food is my favourite – serve me up a tempura sushi roll and a beer and I’m yours!
- Being a Mum is my favourite job; being a Wedding Florist is a really close second.
If you’d like to get to know me more, then join me on my floral journey on
Louise, where can I start?! The flowers were beyond all expectations!! I absolutely adored them ... to the point where I was sad to put them down at the hotel! You got what I wanted spot on and an absolute dream to work with. Wishing you all the luck and success in the world with your business! You truly deserve it! Thank you again, x